Caseyville Township Sewer System Plant Manager
Caseyville Township Sewer System (Sewer) is seeking applications for a Plant Manager with design experience in the field of Wastewater Engineering.
Caseyville Township covers an area of 35.1 Square Miles, with a population of over 32,000 people. Caseyville Township serves part of the following municipalities: Caseyville, Fairview Heights, Shiloh, O’Fallon, and Swansea. Caseyville Township is approximately a 15 minute drive from St. Louis, Missouri with a metro area population of 2.8 Million. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_St._Louis)
The position will help Sewer to expand, update, and maintain our existing infrastructure.
This position will be responsible for the management and operation of an 4.4 MGD collection system and a .786 MGD advanced wastewater treatment facilities, lift stations, to ensure the efficient, safe, and economical treatment of wastewater.
Sewer Systems’ Chief Administrator. Prepare for and attend all Township board sewer meetings. Develops agenda and associated materials, including, where appropriate options and recommendations for Township Board Action. Make recommendations on policy matters and keep the Township Board and Operations Attorney advised on Federal, State or other regulations involving the sewer system operations.
The position is also responsible for the co-management of the business office.
- The mechanical, biological, and chemical processes in the operation of a wastewater treatment plant.
- Principals of sound management and budget.
- Dealing effectively with people on all levels.
- Reading and interpret engineering specifications and drawings to plant and collection system expansions and improvements.
- the principles and practices associated with public works operations, including plan review and construction inspection.
- Relevant federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Computers and job related software programs.
- Planning and implementing public works programs and projects.
- Analyzing problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
- Preparation of clear and precise administrative reports.
- Oral and written communication.
- GIS mapping programs and water and sewer modeling programs.
- Supervising consultants and personnel.
- Managing finances.
- Office Management.
- Business Management.
- Administration experience.
- Operational and maintenance of wastewater treatment and collection system.
- Supervisory experience.
- Possession of an Illinois Class 1 Wastewater Certificate is desirable.
- Familiarity with Wastewater systems and wastewater plants is desirable.
- Engineering experience is desirable.
- Day-to-Day operation of business office, two treatment plants, ~40 lift stations, residential grinder pumps, and the collection system.
- Answers to Township Board and Supervisor. Meeting twice a month.
- Works with Operations Attorney to establish tap-in fees for commercial taps.
- Reviews project plans.
- Coordinates with Engineers and Contractors.
- Assures Sewer System meets all applicable regulatory agencies’ requirements.
- Manage and supervise 16 full time employees.
- Responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, collections and annual budget.
- Enforces sewer system ordinances.
- Works with Operations Attorney to establish policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage capital improvements and repairs to sewer system.
- Business Management
77,000 to 100,000+ Commensurate with experience and abilities.
To Apply Please send your Resume and any Qualifications to:
10001 Bunkum Road
Fairview Heights, IL. 62208
Or Email to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Last Name, First Name, Plant Manager Application
Please call 618-632-2414 with any questions.